Search This Blog and the Web

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Electrifying events

Finding a location for the WFCO power converter in a 10ft camper is not an easy task. There are certain requirements: A flat vertical space at least 7" tall by 11" wide,with a depth of at least 8". It must be easily accessible in case of a tripped breaker or a blown fuse. It must be near the majority of existing electrical wiring. That left me with really only one choice. the left side of the sink cabinet. Not optimal, but it'll have to do. The converter has a flip open cover that in this case butts up against the dinette's seat cushion ( and thus the bed).
Initial installation required cutting the hole into the fiberglass cabinet. Not something I really cared to do since the cabinet in the Scamp is a structural component. Much like a fiberglass boat, the interior fittings on the scamp help provide structural integrity. The two black straps you see in the photos are metal rods that are attached to the upper cabinet which itself is attached to the roof. The rods prevent the weight of the upper cabinet from stressing the roof and causing it to sag. I'm hoping that once the converter is installed, and reinforced with wood and epoxy backing, the integrity will be as before.
Note the duplex 110 outlet to the left...I replaced the existing one with a GFCI version. It ain't the way I wanted it, [but] I can handle things! I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
God I love a good Godfather II reference. RIP Fredo.

2 comments:

  1. Everything is wired except the new dome light. I have to snake wires under the rat fur, and couldn't find my snake. The WFCO converter will run the AC outlets, charge the battery, and serve as a 12v fuse box. I mounted a dual 12v outlet (car plugs) over the bunk beds/ couch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. RV roof Substitution is not an insightful choice in the event that you don't have enough cash or time keen exchange can for the most part be made. Adaptable answer is Repairing Roof Leaks it will assemble rooftop as new beyond any doubt.

    ReplyDelete