Search This Blog and the Web

Monday, December 26, 2011

The Good Sam Club Theory

After many scams I asked an RV owning friend if he had ever heard of such a thing. John enlightened me. "Campers are by nature good and trusting people. An easy mark for scammers. Campers tend to be the type of person who would stop to help a disabled motorist, or lend you a cup of sugar at the campgrounds. All the scammer needs is one to send him the shipping money."

Still I wanted that Scamp. People all around me were buying trailers or teardrops or full blown motorhomes. My group of kite flying friends would go for weekends in Rhode Island or Maine or Connecticut. It seemed the ones with RVs were having the most of the fun. Not to mention my annual week-long camping trip to Cape Cod.
Finally after years of looking my teardrop owning friend found one for sale on the Tear Drops and Tiny Trailers forum. Only problem it was in New York and I am very leery of another scam...

No comments:

Post a Comment