Search This Blog and the Web

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Sure I can. Insure I cannot.

The seller and I agreed on a price and spent a couple of weeks negotiating a time when I could come to pick it up. In the meantime I had to get a license plate. Except I didn't know how. I went to the Mass RMV site and looked up trailers and campers. This being a Government site there was little or no information except the registration fee; $30.00 annually and they all expire on 12/31. Thus "informed" I went to the local RMV office and was told hat I needed to fill our an RMV-1 form and that I needed an endorsement from my insurance company.  When I complained that nowhere on the RMV Web site is this mentioned the clerk laughed and said '"You need insurance to put anything on the road". So I called Flo and asked. You know Flo, that very progressive sales clerk on TV. She didn't know what I was talking about, and stated that they don't insure campers in MA.  Incredulous I went back inside the RMV and told laughing boy that they don't do it. He said "of course they do". I put him on the phone with Flo. Minutes later, getting no further with Flo than I he suggested going to a local office and speaking to one of Flo's co-workers in person. Twenty five miles later... To cut a long story short it took three attempts to get the stamp on the form and get the plate. Now Off to Rome.

No comments:

Post a Comment