Search This Blog and the Web

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

There's no place like home

Much to my delight the trip home was uneventful.  My 4cylinder Tucson had no trouble pulling the camper on level ground, and only minor "I know it is behind me" issues on hills. The trick is to think like an 18 wheeler-generating speed and momentum on the downhills to carry you through the climbs. It was frightening to actually see the gas gauge go down as I was climbing the Berkshires!

Little did I know what was going on behind me...
Remember that plate I worked so hard to get from the RMV? Apparently it fell off shortly after I left Rome. Lucky for me there were no issues with the authorities on the way home, and even on my first camping trip the following week. You see I didn't know it was gone until I got back from my first camping trip. Also on that trip the entire lockset from the camper's door rattled itself loose and not only fell off the camper it fell out.

Finally after 5 hours out and 5 hours back I pulled in to my mom's driveway. The trailer dolly worked well enough that I could move the trailer by myself if necessary, and it was tucked away for the few days until my first camping trip.

I began to make mental notes about what I would need to buy or bring. This blog will hopefully detail some of my experiences outfitting the trailer with a new stove, interior lights, additional shelving, new 12V system, and new propane system and so on.

No comments:

Post a Comment