Search This Blog and the Web

Monday, December 26, 2011

Scamps and Scams

One would think that finding a Scamp Camper would be relatively easy. They are still in production in Backus MN. They are relatively inexpensive, and because of the fiberglass construction, are long-lived. Simple is as simple does, so I went looking on Craigslist and the RV forums for Scamps for sale. Sure enough there were a few, but mostly in the midwest, west coast, or deep south. I was hoping for something more local, so I kept looking. Sometime later I found one in Boston! The price was right and the pictures shown on Craigslist looked really sweet. I emailed...
me: "Hello, Is the Scamp still available? I'm in Boston, and can come by today to take a look, and possibly buy it today."
seller: "Boston? I 'm sorry, I let my son list it. He must have posted it everywhere. I'm in Kansas City."
me: "Oh well, too far for me to travel."
seller: "Well, I could ship it to you. They're pretty light, and I know a good shipper."
me: "No, thanks, it already sounds complicated. I was hoping to see one before I buy one."
seller: Well I'll give you an option to return it if you don't like it. Just pay the shipping and we can send it out."
me: "Still, no thanks."
End of story, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment